1. Gather the top half of your up and clip it out of the way.
2. Flip your head over, then take a small piece of hair at the nape of your neck to start your braid. If you don’t know how to French braid, watch our tutorial first.
3. Continue French braiding until you’ve incorporated all of your loose hair into the braid.
4. Braid your hair down a little more (regularly braiding the end, no longer French braiding) before tying it off with a clear elastic.
5. Flip your head right-side-up and release the top half of your hair. Gather all of your hair – the top half and the bottom braid – into a high, messy pony. Once you feel your pony is secured with an elastic, you can undo the elastic from the braid.
6. Twist your pony into a top knot (tutorial here) and secure with spin pins or bobby pins. Hairspray that baby and…voilà!